Students join the university after completing their high school education. The most successful students are students who learn to write the best essays. Students need to search for the best ways to research effective writing their essays and research papers. Lecturers are responsible for teaching the basics of good research papers, and the students are left to practice. Practice makes perfect, and when we continually practice ways of writing different research papers. We shall learn the best ways of writing a botany research paper and research paper topics on botany.
Botany is a field whereby students learn about everything concerning plants, including how plants grow and develop. Botany is a broad subject because it contains different sub-disciplines. Some people wonder why they have to tackle such a topic, but they should understand that plants are essential to the environment and human beings. Plants have numerous benefits to human beings, animals and marine life. They provide food, shelter, and some plants such as cotton are used to make clothes. We need to protect plants from distraction because of their various benefits.
Ways of choosing topics for biology papers
The process of choosing the best topic for your botany paper can be challenging because the subject is broad, and students can get overwhelmed because the process becomes nerve-wracking. A student needs to narrow down their options when choosing their research paper topic. You need to understand that you need to carefully pick your topic because not every subject suits your writing. Never select any topic because a friend has determined the case or because you need to complete a task.
Pick a topic you are interested in, which won’t give you a difficult moment researching it. You don’t need to pick a topic which you will neither struggle nor take many hours trying to understand what the subject entails.
Different ideas on the topic that students may pick
- Biochemistry – the topic deals in the process by which plants simple compounds to other forms of intricate combinations.
- Plant Pathology – the topic deals with the study of diseases that invade plants. You can choose from various conditions, including viruses, fungi, and other different diseases that attack plants.
- Fertilizers and pesticides – a student curious about fertilizers and pesticides can invest time to research and write about the topic. You may write about the harmful effects of fertilizers on plants.
- Plant genetics – the topic involves how genetic inheritance in plants occurs. The case is helpful for people fascinated by how genetics are passed in plants.
- Pteridology – the topic involves the study of ferns and fern relatives.
The importance of botany
There is considerable importance in studying botany. The first importance is that students understand different plants in society.
Plants play an essential role in society because they are the primary source of food, energy and oxygen for all living creatures. The benefits of studying botany include the knowledge of reproduction, evolution, diseases, metabolism, ecology and growth in plants.
Botany enables students to learn about some fundamental processes that occur in the life of plants.
Plants are also valuable for making medicines to cure different diseases in humans, animals and plants.
Format of botany paper
Like other scientific papers, the botany paper is written in a specific format. The arrangement of the botany paper needs to grasp the attention of the readers. The form should include the title, abstract, method, introduction, reference, results and citation. There are different botany writing paper format.
- Title. Students should write the title on the first page of the paper. The first page should include the names of the friends that helped you write the article.
- Abstract. You write about the summary of your work.
- Introduction. The introduction gives a brief discussion about what your work entails.
- Methodology. The methodology part helps us to explain how we derived our work.
- Results. Results represent your finding.
The discussion section highlights your discussion about your results, and the citation gives reference to where you found your statistics. We need to understand about botany research paper.